Friday, August 14, 2009

Trying to Crack a Code

I'm working on a string of Puzzles . What I'll do is release puzzles on this main page and as they are solved post them later in answer key format on a future blog post.

1. An arabic symbol. Meaning unknown.



2. This Image. Thinking there might be a binary or morse code expression hidden within.



I'll post clues as they are released and will take any help I can get from the group mind!



8 comments:

  1. The other symbol, in Arabic text, I believe is النباة . If you've never played with the Arabic alphabet you find out quickly that the form of the letters all change based on the letter before and after it... This is what the letters appear to be before they all merge into that scribble at the begging of this comment.
    ا ل ن ب ا ة

    Not sure yet if this is accurate but I thought the progress might help some of you out there... If anybody is out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've solved the hex. But until I know if anyone's out there I'll just keep it to myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's the hex translation: "orrupted but I disagree. Others worry it could be a setback but it isn't a setback. Its a"

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be helpful to understand a little more the context here. Who is releasing these puzzles, and for what purpose? Is this related to a specific organization or theme? When you call it a metapuzzle, are you truly talking about a "metapuzzle?" (See Wikipedia). If so, what were the "feeder" puzzles?

    You might also set up a wiki or a shared Google doc to store your answers on, so they don't get buried here in your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, you might try http://instant-eyedropper.com/ to identify the colors. (I'm on a Mac here -- I can't find an equivalent program to do it myself)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining Justin!

    So the context is that my company is creating a giant puzzle which is, I believe, being released internally on August 24th. They've begun to provide clues which I have captured in the blog above. I believe this to be a meta-puzzle but to be honest I just don't know yet. More info is being released all the time.

    Nice work on the Hex code. I had to do something similar for Wired's Mystery issue so I had the tool already bookmarked. Now I just wish I could read arabic... Thanks for the eyedropper tool, I'll use that and post the results under the color bar.

    I'll also see about setting up a wiki or shared google doc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I've solved the expression provided by the colored squares. Thanks for the program suggestion, Justin. I plugged the results into a hex-translator and un-jumbled the results.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopefully by now you've found that the 2D bar code is part of the promos for the movie '9' Maybe the whole puzzle is for the movie.

    ReplyDelete